FOUR SEASONS REAL ESTATE GROUP
Offering complimentary home stagings in December
A month before your move
- Once you know you are moving reserve a moving company.
- purchase the necessary packing supplies you will require.
- Begin the process of cleaning out closets, the garage and attic.
- Contribute your unwanted things to charity or host a garage sale.
- Arrange for the transfer of school records.
- Pick up change of address cards from your post office.
- Inform charge accounts, magazines, clubs, insurance companies and all other organizations of your upcoming change of address.
Two weeks before your move
- Keep all cleaning supplies, brooms and rags you will require for the final clean-up.
- If you choose to pack up for yourself, make sure to label all the moving boxes, as you are packing. Write the room they are for on the top and sides of all of your moving box so that they get to the right place in your new house.
- Arrange disconnects for utilities such as gas, electric and water and schedule connections for your new home.
- Cancel all monthly services such as newspapers, cable TV, security, pool maintenance, cleaning help and gardener.
The week of your move
- Mail in all your change of address forms.
- Clean the kitchen.
The day before your move
- Clean, defrost and dry out the refrigerator.
- Make sure you have enough cash to get to your new destination.
- Take one last look at your neighborhood!